Yordan Hristoskov, Caretaker Deputy PM for Social Policy
Yordan Hristoskov has been appointed caretaker Deputy Prime Minister in charge of social policy and caretaker Minister of Labor and Social Policy.
Professor Yordan Hristoskov is part of the Macroeconomics department of the Institute of Economics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
He is Professor at the Plovdiv University "Paisii Hilendarski", where he reads lectures in social policy and social security.
He has rich practical experience as Deputy Minister and Minister of Labor and Social Policy (1991-1994), Minister in the caretaker government of Reneta Indzhova, advisor to the President on social affairs (1995-1997) and Director of the National Social Security Institute (2000-2009).
He gained prominence for his contribution during his term in office as a member of the Bureau of the International Social Security Association (ISSA) and in his capacity as a consultant and expert on a large number of projects of the European Commission, the World Bank, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- » Expenses of Bulgarian MPs on Business Trips Amount to BGN 470 000
- » Bulgaria Boasts 92 % Absorption Rate of EU Funds - PM Borisov
- » Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Local Elections, Referendum to Cost BGN 50 M
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Assures Border Controls Are Efficient
- » Registration for Participation in Bulgaria's Local Elections Begins