Yordan Hristoskov, Caretaker Deputy PM for Social Policy
Yordan Hristoskov has been appointed caretaker Deputy Prime Minister in charge of social policy and caretaker Minister of Labor and Social Policy.
Professor Yordan Hristoskov is part of the Macroeconomics department of the Institute of Economics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
He is Professor at the Plovdiv University "Paisii Hilendarski", where he reads lectures in social policy and social security.
He has rich practical experience as Deputy Minister and Minister of Labor and Social Policy (1991-1994), Minister in the caretaker government of Reneta Indzhova, advisor to the President on social affairs (1995-1997) and Director of the National Social Security Institute (2000-2009).
He gained prominence for his contribution during his term in office as a member of the Bureau of the International Social Security Association (ISSA) and in his capacity as a consultant and expert on a large number of projects of the European Commission, the World Bank, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- » Bulgarian President Concludes Month of Political Consultations with PM
- » Bulgaria's ABV Accepts Resignation of Leader Georgi Parvanov
- » Head of Bulgaria's Security Agency DANS also Steps Down
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary Resigns
- » Over 1,000 Old Cars Rotting in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Drafts New Plan for Integration of Refugees, Deputy PM Kuneva Says