Svetlana Zhekova, Caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters
Svetlana Zhekova was born on February 1, 1967.
Has master's degrees in French Philology and International Economic Relations and specialisations in International Relations with the EU in the American University, School of International Services, Washington DC and Global Monitoring and Environment Quality and Organisation, System and Activities in the UN, United Nations University in Tokyo.
Zhekova has a worked in the Ministry of Environment and Waters. Since 2004 she has held various positions in Bulgaria's EU delegation.
She speaks French, English and Russian.
- » Bulgaria’s ABV Party Backs Rumen Radev for President
- » Bulgaria Grants Refugee Status to 357 People in Jan-July 2016
- » Bulgarian Socialists Nominate Rumen Radev to Run in Presidential Elections 2016
- » Junior Coalition Partner Demands Explanation Why Bulgarian Govt Turned over Abdullah Buyuk to Turkey
- » Bulgaria to Set up Checkpoints on Minor Roads to Thwart Migrant Smuggling
- » Bulgaria Ready to Deploy More Troops to Help Border Police Cope with Migrant Influx - Defence Chief