Svetlana Zhekova, Caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters
Svetlana Zhekova was born on February 1, 1967.
Has master's degrees in French Philology and International Economic Relations and specialisations in International Relations with the EU in the American University, School of International Services, Washington DC and Global Monitoring and Environment Quality and Organisation, System and Activities in the UN, United Nations University in Tokyo.
Zhekova has a worked in the Ministry of Environment and Waters. Since 2004 she has held various positions in Bulgaria's EU delegation.
She speaks French, English and Russian.
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » 402 Cases of Violence Against Children and 39 Cases of Violence Against Teachers in 2017
- » Bulgarian PM: We Will Fulfill Our Commitments
- » Bulgaria Provides over BGN 720 Thousand for Humanitarian Aid for Poor Countries
- » GERB: The EC Report is an Objective Assessment of the Government's Work