Svetlana Zhekova, Caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters
Svetlana Zhekova was born on February 1, 1967.
Has master's degrees in French Philology and International Economic Relations and specialisations in International Relations with the EU in the American University, School of International Services, Washington DC and Global Monitoring and Environment Quality and Organisation, System and Activities in the UN, United Nations University in Tokyo.
Zhekova has a worked in the Ministry of Environment and Waters. Since 2004 she has held various positions in Bulgaria's EU delegation.
She speaks French, English and Russian.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions, Employers’ Organizations to Boycott Tripartite Cooperation Council Meeting