Maverick Socialist to Head Caretaker Government
Constitutional Law Professor Georgi Bliznashki will head Bulgaria's caretaker government that will prepare snap elections to be held in October.
A maverick Socialist Party member, Bliznashki has become known recently with the President Rosen Plevneliev's initiative aimed at holding a referendum on amendments to the Election Law.
On Tuesday, President Rosen Plevneliev named Bliznashki as caretaker premier.
Bliznashki graduated at Faculty of Law at the Sofia University in 1982. He has written several landmark books on Bulgarian parliamentary rule. He was member of European Parliament in 2005-2007.
He was expelled from the Socialist Party in March this year for ‘’damaging the party’s prestige through public statements and activities aimed against party policy and decisions."
- » European Left Hails Consolidation of Left Vote in Bulgaria
- » ABV - Movement 21 Coalition Says Election Result "Disappointing"
- » DOST Demands Cassation of Bulgaria's Snap Elections
- » Slavi Trifonov: I Am Being Subjected to Censorship
- » Ninova: BSP Got Best Result Since 2009
- » CEC Receiving Final Election Papers
That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard! "Damaging the party's prestige"..... you cannot damage "prestige" if it never existed in the first place. Stupid, stupid, stupid, Commie ignoramuses, thieves and liars. They'd sell their Granny's false teeth for a song.
Ahh such prestige............Peevski's appointment as head of DANS evidently must have been their definition of PRESTIGE!