Floods in Bulgaria Caused Damages for Nearly BGN 500M
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has approved the report, evaluating the damages caused by the floods which ravaged the cities of Varna, Dobrich and Veliko Tarnovo at BGN 495M.
However, the flood which hit northwestern Bulgarian town of Mizia on Saturday has not been reflected in the report, as it happened later, former Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva told Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The document which is to be sent to the European Commission, includes a request for financial and technical aid, as well as for prevention assistance. The allocated funding depends on the decision of the European Commission, Bobeva explained.
Hundreds of people have lost their homes in Mizia, after the town suffered heavy rainfalls on Saturday, causing the Skat River to overflow. More than 100 houses were destroyed, many more have been damaged. The estimated damages are for millions, Darik news informs.
- » Bulgaria and the Migrant Crisis in Numbers
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria
- » Number of Migrants Seeking Protection in Bulgaria Dropped Further in December
- » Closed Trakia Motorway Sections Partly Reopened
- » Severe Weather Warning in Most of Bulgaria
- » Cold Snap in Bulgaria to Continue for at Least a Week