Protesters in Tirana Demand Dismissal of Bank of Albania Governor
Several hundred citizens, including journalists, organized a protest Monday in front of the headquarters of Albania's central bank in downtown Tirana.
Protesters demanded the instant dismissal of Ardian Fullani, governor of the bank, due to the theft of around EUR 5 M from a storage facility of the bank.
The participants in the protest called on the ruling coalition and the opposition to immediately remove Fullani, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
They insisted that he should have resigned, while the prosecuting authority should have already pressed charges and convicted him, sending him in jail for playing games with the money of Albanians.
Several arrests have already been made in connection with the unprecedented theft.
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission