Protesters in Tirana Demand Dismissal of Bank of Albania Governor
Several hundred citizens, including journalists, organized a protest Monday in front of the headquarters of Albania's central bank in downtown Tirana.
Protesters demanded the instant dismissal of Ardian Fullani, governor of the bank, due to the theft of around EUR 5 M from a storage facility of the bank.
The participants in the protest called on the ruling coalition and the opposition to immediately remove Fullani, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
They insisted that he should have resigned, while the prosecuting authority should have already pressed charges and convicted him, sending him in jail for playing games with the money of Albanians.
Several arrests have already been made in connection with the unprecedented theft.
- » Turkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- » Russia to Suspend Visa-free Travel for Turkish Citizens from 2016
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service
- » German Police Arrests Two Suspected Jihadists in Berlin
- » Hollande, Putin Meet to Discuss Broad Coalition against ‘Common Enemy’
- » President Erdogan: Turkey Won’t Apologize for Shooting down Russian Bomber