Protesters in Tirana Demand Dismissal of Bank of Albania Governor
Several hundred citizens, including journalists, organized a protest Monday in front of the headquarters of Albania's central bank in downtown Tirana.
Protesters demanded the instant dismissal of Ardian Fullani, governor of the bank, due to the theft of around EUR 5 M from a storage facility of the bank.
The participants in the protest called on the ruling coalition and the opposition to immediately remove Fullani, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
They insisted that he should have resigned, while the prosecuting authority should have already pressed charges and convicted him, sending him in jail for playing games with the money of Albanians.
Several arrests have already been made in connection with the unprecedented theft.
- » Russia, Turkey Reach ‘Political Decision’ on Gas Pipeline, NPP Projects
- » New Tax Hikes Force Rise in Relocation of Greek Firms to Bulgaria
- » Migration-Wary Bulgaria, Greece Agree to Hold Joint Special Forces Exercise at Border
- » Islamic State Group Claims Responsibility for Normandy Church Attack
- » Quarter of a Million Migrants Arrive by Sea in Europe so far in 2016
- » Priest Killed in Hostage Siege in Normandy