Protesters in Tirana Demand Dismissal of Bank of Albania Governor
Several hundred citizens, including journalists, organized a protest Monday in front of the headquarters of Albania's central bank in downtown Tirana.
Protesters demanded the instant dismissal of Ardian Fullani, governor of the bank, due to the theft of around EUR 5 M from a storage facility of the bank.
The participants in the protest called on the ruling coalition and the opposition to immediately remove Fullani, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
They insisted that he should have resigned, while the prosecuting authority should have already pressed charges and convicted him, sending him in jail for playing games with the money of Albanians.
Several arrests have already been made in connection with the unprecedented theft.
- » Russia's Putin Vows Justice after Boris Nemtsov Killing
- » Russia Opposition Allowed to Hold Mourning March after Nemtsov Death
- » Nemtsov Murder: Investigators Suggest Leader Might be 'Sacrifical Victim'
- » Moscow Prohibits Nemtsov Tribute Rally
- » Russian Investigators: Nemtsov Killing Linked to Charlie Hebdo Comments
- » Russia Opposition to Move Rally to Moscow Center after Nemtsov Murder