Protesters in Tirana Demand Dismissal of Bank of Albania Governor
Several hundred citizens, including journalists, organized a protest Monday in front of the headquarters of Albania's central bank in downtown Tirana.
Protesters demanded the instant dismissal of Ardian Fullani, governor of the bank, due to the theft of around EUR 5 M from a storage facility of the bank.
The participants in the protest called on the ruling coalition and the opposition to immediately remove Fullani, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
They insisted that he should have resigned, while the prosecuting authority should have already pressed charges and convicted him, sending him in jail for playing games with the money of Albanians.
Several arrests have already been made in connection with the unprecedented theft.
- » Tension Between Greece, Turkey in Aegean Sea
- » EU To Put End To Tax Avoidance by MNCs
- » Juncker: Great Britain Will Pay Stiff Price for Brexit
- » First Express Train from Istanbul Arrives in Sofia
- » 3 EU Countries Demand That Lower-Quality Foods Not Be Sold in Eastern Europe
- » EC Threatens To Sue 5 Countries Over Air Pollution