Two Drown at Bulgarian Black Sea Beaches
Two men have drowned at Bulgarian Black Sea beaches on Sunday.
According to local police reports, a 73-year old man from Sofia has drowned at the beach in Primorsko, 50 km from the city of Burgas, dnes.bg reported on Monday.
The name of the man was not released.
The other victim was a man in his fifties. He drowned at the beach in the town of Pomorie, 20 km from Burgas. His identity was not immediately known.
Lifeguards at Bulgarian Black Sea resorts last week warned tourists to beware of rip currents along the coast that are typical for this time of year and recommended people not to venture deep into the water.
- » Section of Bulgaria's Trakia Highway Flooded
- » Emergency in Bulgaria's Mizia Lifted
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria's Sliven After Heavy Rains
- » Scientists Blame Negligence for Floods
- » Bulgaria's Maritsa River Levee Breaks, Ten Houses Evacuated
- » Number of Burgas Flood Victims Climbs To Three