Beware of Criminals in Sunny Beach, Foreign Office Warns
The Foreign of Commonwealth Office (FCO) has warned British tourists visiting the Bulgarian seaside resort of Sunny Beach to beware of burglars and pickpockets.
The warning at the start of the summer peak came as an update to the foreign travel advice section on the FCO’s website on Friday.
“There has been an increase in burglaries from hotel rooms in Sunny Beach,” the FCO said.
The FCO advised British tourists to lock their rooms, including windows and balcony doors, and keep their valuables locked in a safe deposit box. It also warned tourists to avoid taking valuables to the beach and be wary of poorly lit roads around the resort at night.
Tourists are also cautioned to avoid areas where prostitutes operate, especially late at night, and not to change money on the streets in Sunny Beach, only at licensed exchange points, banks or hotels.
- » Summer, Sea ... 44 Beaches - Accessible to People with Disabilities
- » Peika.bg donates books in the campaign "READ and EXPLORE Bulgaria"
- » Passengers at Sofia Airport Increased by 7.6%
- » Bulgaria Expects a Good Summer Season
- » No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer
- » Construction Work on Bulgarian Summer Resorts will be Stopped from Tuesday