Bulgaria to Invest BGN 68M in Gas Link with Serbia
Bulgaria is to invest over BGN 68 M into the construction of the local section of the gas grid interconnection with Serbia.
The estimate is provided in preliminary calculations of the Ministry of Economy and Energy, with construction works expected to absorb BGN 67.7 M, a total of BGN 300 000 to be spent on oversight and a total of BGN 200 000 to go to consultancy services, according to reports of Trud daily.
The project is to use co-financing under the "Competitiveness" Operational Program for both the past programming period and the 2014-2020 programming period.
The gas pipeline is to be launched in 2017.
As regards the Bulgaria-Romania gas grid interconnection, its launch faces a delay due to engineering problems.
The Ruse - Giurgiu section is to be launched in early September at the earliest.
Apart from that, talks on the Bulgaria-Greece gas grid interconnection are still underway.
The financial model for the construction of the new gas pipeline Stara Zagora – Komotini is to be presented in September.
Expropriation procedures are currently underway under the project.
- » Bulgaria, Serbia to Ink Gas Interconnector MoU
- » License for Kozloduy's Fifth Unit To Be Issued by September
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia Mull Coupling Day-Ahead Electricity Markets
- » Bulgaria’s Former Vice PM Indicted for EVN Privatisation
- » Bulgaria Halts Electricity Exports
- » CPC's Nenkova: EVN Deal Was Made at Market Prices