Murderer of Iliya Pavlov's Sister Sentenced to Life
The Supreme Court of the United States has confirmed the two life sentences handed out to Russian citizen Natalia Wilson.
Wilson is known in Bulgaria as the murderer of Slavka Naydenova, the sister of notorious businessman Iliya Pavlov (killed in 2003).
The court "refused to admit the gross violations of [the US] constitution during the investigation", Russian agency ITAR-TASS quoted the defendant's lawyer Aleksey Tarasov as saying.
Naydenova, 41, and her son were found dead in their apartment on February 1, 2010.
Their throats had been slipped, and their bodies had been stabbed at least 50 times each, as police discovered them.
Slavka Naydenova was also the first partner of Wilson's husband.
Iliya Pavlov, for his part, was once the leader and founder of Multigroup, an organization that allegedly helped ex-Communist parties to drain billions of BGN out of Bulgaria in the first years of the post-socialist transition.
Prior to his death, Polish weekly magazine Wprost claimed he was the eighth-richest man in Eastern Europe.
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.