Runaway Jaguar from Bulgaria's Lovech Zoo Shot Dead
The jaguar which managed to escape from its cage at the zoo in the northern Bulgarian city of Lovech on Sunday, has been shot dead, the regional police directorate announced.
The animal was killed by a hunter two meters away from the zoo fences, Darik news informs. According to the city mayor Mincho Kazandzhiev “there was no other option” but to kill the jaguar.
Some 50 people have been searching for the animal which escaped from its cage after a zoo keeper left the doors open.
The participants in the 6-hour search were equipped with tranquillizer guns, rifles and thermal imaging cameras.
- » Sofia Literary Festival Focuses On Nordic Literature
- » 14-th Bansko Film Fest Starts On November 25
- » 86% Of Bulgaria's University Students Ready To Relocate
- » Bulgaria Health Minister Urges Increased Awareness of Ebola Risk
- » Sofia Patient Uninfected with Ebola, Tests Show
- » Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms Hospitalised In Sofia, Officials Doubt Ebola Version
This is so tragic and totally unnecessary that this beautiful creature is now DEAD. Why was the Jaguar shot dead and not tranquilised? Human error and ineptitude is the reason that the Jaguar is now dead. I am disgusted and I hope someone will be held responsible.
The Mayor's lame BS excuse "there was no other option". THERE WAS!