Bulgaria's Prison Workers to Stage Permanent Protest
Bulgaria's prison officers are to stage a permanent symbolic protest as of Monday, August 4.
Employees protest against the new working hours, Tzvetan Mihaylov from the prison officers union told Focus news agency. Other demands include increasing personnel, raising salaries and improving working conditions.
Prison workers will wear tricolor bands on their uniforms and on their lapels as a token of protest.
On September 1, employees will organize a national protest in front of the Ministry of Justice.
- » Hristo Stoichkov Accused of Physically Attacking Journalists
- » Thounsands of acres of Forrests Caught on Fire
- » Bulgaria Issues Warning of Forrest Fires
- » Bugaria Says Last Goodbye to Journalist Dimitar Tsonev
- » Death Toll in Italy Quake Rises to 267
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol