At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » Polish President Gives Green Light to Creating Joint Military Force with Lithuania, Ukraine
- » New British Royal Baby Named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- » Greek Debt Talks Mark Progress as Athens Reshuffles Negotiation Team
- » Romanian Economy to Register 3-4% Growth over Next Years
- » Explosion Rocks Office of Macedonia's Largest Albanian Party
- » Two Killed in Texas Shooting at anti-Islam Event