At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » The United States Said they Would not Allow Venezuela to Collapse
- » 2 Arrested After Spanish Van with Gas Canisters Found Near Gig
- » Elon Musk Introduced the New SpaceX Spacesuit
- » Afghanistan War Cost the United States 2,400 Killed, 20,000 Wounded and USD 840 Billion
- » The Italian Police Seized over 90,000 Eggs Infected with Fipronil
- » America Restricts US Visas to Four Countries