At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y