At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » North Korea Condemns U.S. Sanctions as Officials Gather For Olympic Ceremony
- » Estonia Celebrated its 100th Anniversary with a Large Military Parade
- » The UN Security Council Urged a 30-day Ceasefire in Syria
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days