At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016