At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » Inspectors From OPCW have Samples From Douma
- » Kosovo Ready for Council of Europe Membership Bid
- » Pyongyang Pledges to Halt Nuclear and Longer-range Missile Tests
- » 'Russian Elon Musk' Raped and Tortured to Death in Custody
- » Bashar Assad Returns Legion d’honneur to France
- » North and South Korea Open Hotline Between Leaders