At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » Hundreds Arrested in Anti-Corruption Protests in Russia
- » Nearly 75,000 Bulgarians Vote Abroad
- » Five Bulgarians Injured in Bus Crash in Hungary
- » BHC: Voting In Turkey's Bursa Too Slow
- » Tension Over Declarations Among Voters in Turkey's Bursa Continues
- » Voting Abroad for Bulgaria's Snap Elections Progresses Normally