At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » Kurz Close to Forming New Austrian Right-Wing Government
- » Beijing Made Serious Warning Against a US Military Presence in Taiwan
- » Sanctions Against Russia will Remain Until they Return the Seized Ukrainian Territories
- » Donald Trump Signs Directive to Send Astronauts Back to Moon
- » Europe's Post-Brexit Financial Capital Will be … London
- » Catalonia crisis – Puigdemont Ready to Go Back if Re-Elected on the 21st of December