Monaco Boasts Highest Percentage of Millionaires in the World
The city-state Monaco has the highest number of millionaires, compared to any other city in the world, a new study shows.
A total of 29.21% of Monaco's population is classed in this financial bracket, according to a survey by Spear's, in association with leading wealth consultancy company WealthInsight.
Not far behind come the Swiss banking centers Zurich (27.34%) and Geneva (17.92%) in second and third place, with key financial centers New York (4.63%) and Frankfurt (3.88%) in fourth and fifth.
The ranking includes also London (3.39%), Oslo (2.90%), Singapore (2.80%) and Amsterdam (2.63%).
French capital city Paris takes the last, 20th place in the international ranking with 2.04%.
WealthInsight defines millionaires as individuals with net assets of USD 1M or more, excluding their primary residences.
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot
- » Turkey Starts Military Operation in Syria to Push IS Group Back from Border
- » Montenegro’s Igor Luksic Withdraws from Race for Top UN Job
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe in 2016 Top 269,000 - IOM
- » Athens Warns of 41,000 Migrants Ready to Go to Western Europe
- » Turkey Recalls Envoy to Vienna ‘to Revise' Ties after Austria Bans Anti-coup Rally