Monaco Boasts Highest Percentage of Millionaires in the World
The city-state Monaco has the highest number of millionaires, compared to any other city in the world, a new study shows.
A total of 29.21% of Monaco's population is classed in this financial bracket, according to a survey by Spear's, in association with leading wealth consultancy company WealthInsight.
Not far behind come the Swiss banking centers Zurich (27.34%) and Geneva (17.92%) in second and third place, with key financial centers New York (4.63%) and Frankfurt (3.88%) in fourth and fifth.
The ranking includes also London (3.39%), Oslo (2.90%), Singapore (2.80%) and Amsterdam (2.63%).
French capital city Paris takes the last, 20th place in the international ranking with 2.04%.
WealthInsight defines millionaires as individuals with net assets of USD 1M or more, excluding their primary residences.
- » US, Cuba Move to Normalize Ties
- » EU Commission to Enquire All Member States on Tax Rulings
- » EU Ready to Tighten Sanctions Against Russia
- » China, Central, Eastern Europe Cooperate on New Transport Network
- » Arrested Bulgarians to Return from Belgrade Thursday
- » EU Parliament Fails to Agree on Joint Motion on Recognition of Palestine