'Officers' Beach In Bulgaria's Varna Closed Again
The 'Officers' beach in Bulgaria's Varna has been closed for visitors again as of Friday, the Regional Health Inspectorate informed.
The beach was closed after the test results showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria, Darik news reports.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second serious water contamination of the beach during this summer season. In early July, the Health Inspectorate recorded bacteria concentration way above the normal levels.
The likely cause of contamination is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities
- » Bulgarians See Politics, Hospitals, Customs as 'Most Corrupt' - Poll
- » Pope Francis Donates Funding for Basilica in Bulgaria's First Capital
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Bulgaria Granted Humanitarian Status to Ansbach Attacker in 2013