'Officers' Beach In Bulgaria's Varna Closed Again
The 'Officers' beach in Bulgaria's Varna has been closed for visitors again as of Friday, the Regional Health Inspectorate informed.
The beach was closed after the test results showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria, Darik news reports.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second serious water contamination of the beach during this summer season. In early July, the Health Inspectorate recorded bacteria concentration way above the normal levels.
The likely cause of contamination is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » The Duisburg Casino in Germany Turns 10
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Austrian Ambassador Roland Hauser Tops Novinite.com's Personalities in the News Poll
- » World Fails to Match Levski's Ideal, Bulgarian President Says
- » Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'