'Officers' Beach In Bulgaria's Varna Closed Again
The 'Officers' beach in Bulgaria's Varna has been closed for visitors again as of Friday, the Regional Health Inspectorate informed.
The beach was closed after the test results showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria, Darik news reports.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second serious water contamination of the beach during this summer season. In early July, the Health Inspectorate recorded bacteria concentration way above the normal levels.
The likely cause of contamination is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Popovi Livadi Becomes Bulgaria's Newest Village
- » Illegal Constructions in Plovdiv's Stolipinovo to be Removed
- » Roma People in Garmen Plead for Peace Following Ethnic Tensions
- » Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress