'Officers' Beach In Bulgaria's Varna Closed Again
The 'Officers' beach in Bulgaria's Varna has been closed for visitors again as of Friday, the Regional Health Inspectorate informed.
The beach was closed after the test results showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria, Darik news reports.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second serious water contamination of the beach during this summer season. In early July, the Health Inspectorate recorded bacteria concentration way above the normal levels.
The likely cause of contamination is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains