President Plevneliev: Caretaker Govt To Be Pro-European, Nonpartisan
President Rosen Plevneliev held consultations with representatives of Bulgaria without Censorship party familiarizing them with the caretaker government priorities, Saturday.
Plevneliev emphasized that among the main tasks of the caretaker government will be to organize and the hold fair elections, to accelerate EU funds allocation and to work on the EC Partnership Agreement, BGNES reports.
"The caretaker government will be made up of nonpartisan pro-European experts, whose work on important social issues such as health, economy and energy will be motivated and transparent," Plevneliev noted, as cited by his press office.
Nikolay Barekov, leader of Bulgaria without censorship said that his party accepts the arguments put forward by the President and supports the update of the state budget, as well as the budget of the National Health Insurance Fund.
Former journalist turned politician added that the President is the only legitimate authority in the country at the moment.
- » Over 60% of Car Drivers Tested for Drugs in Sofia Area Test Positive
- » Bulgarians Abroad Right to Protest over Election Rules - Ombudsman
- » Bulgaria's PM Meeting Expats over Electoral Code Row
- » EU Team Analyzing Bulgaria's Prosecution to Arrive in May
- » Bulgaria Govt Endorses Spending of BGN 20.5 M for Disaster Management
- » 'Six Vying' to Head Bulgarian Socialist Party on Sunday