Bulgarian Socialists Hold Traditional Mount Buzludzha Fest
Members and followers of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) are holding Saturday their traditional meeting at Mount Buzludzha.
Thousands of Bulgarian Socialists are expected to gather at the meeting, held at Mount Buzludzha in the Stara Planina range, to mark the 123rd anniversary of the Socialist Movement in Bulgaria and the Day of BSP, August 2nd.
The official launch of Buzludzha 2014 is scheduled for 10:00 am. The leaders of BSP and all left-wing parties from Coalition for Bulgaria will walk on the stage.
The newly elected BSP party leader Mihail Mikov has delivered the keynote address for the first time.
A concert featuring Bulgarian pop stars and dance troupes will take place.
In 1891 on Mount Buzludzha the foundations of the Socialist Movement in Bulgaria were laid. The monument erected at the site and unveiled in 1981 on the occasion of the 1300th anniversary of the founding of the Bulgarian State is shaped in the form of a UFO.
- » Flow of Illegal Migrants at Bulgaria’s Lesovo Increases - bTV
- » Consumption of Illicit Cigarettes in Bulgaria Registers Decrease
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
- » Planned Rise in Vignette Stickers’ Price Prompts Protests in Bulgaria
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey