65 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Chinese Factory Explosion
An explosion at a factory in eastern China has killed at least 65 people, leaving over 100 injured, according to Chinese state media.
The blast occurred on Saturday morning in a metals factory in Kunshan, a city in the eastern province of Jiangsu, China's official Xinhua news agency said.
The company manufactures car parts and employs about 450 workers. Its clients include US giant General Motors, the BBC informs citing Chinese media outlets.
The explosion took place inside a wheel hub polishing workshop. There were more than 200 workers at the site at the time of the accident.
Rescue efforts are under way as officials investigate the explosion.
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)