Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
A liquid petroleum gas leak has been coming out of a 20 tonne tank on the Slavyanin ferry near Bulgaria's port city of Varna, Friday.
The vessel sails under the flag of Russia and is located in the ferry complex near the city, BGNES reports.
Teams of the regional directorate of the Fire and Emergency Safety Directorate are on the site and are trying to cool the tank.
The ship crew has been evacuated. The leak is probably due to a faulty valve, BGNES informs.
According to experts, currently there is no risk of explosion.
- » After the Earthquakes in Mexico, a Volcano Erupted
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption