Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
A liquid petroleum gas leak has been coming out of a 20 tonne tank on the Slavyanin ferry near Bulgaria's port city of Varna, Friday.
The vessel sails under the flag of Russia and is located in the ferry complex near the city, BGNES reports.
Teams of the regional directorate of the Fire and Emergency Safety Directorate are on the site and are trying to cool the tank.
The ship crew has been evacuated. The leak is probably due to a faulty valve, BGNES informs.
According to experts, currently there is no risk of explosion.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Weather Alert Issued throughout Bulgaria over Heavy Snow
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Ice on Roads in Several Regions
- » Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
- » Trump's Election Casts Doubt Over Paris Environmental Agreement