Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
A liquid petroleum gas leak has been coming out of a 20 tonne tank on the Slavyanin ferry near Bulgaria's port city of Varna, Friday.
The vessel sails under the flag of Russia and is located in the ferry complex near the city, BGNES reports.
Teams of the regional directorate of the Fire and Emergency Safety Directorate are on the site and are trying to cool the tank.
The ship crew has been evacuated. The leak is probably due to a faulty valve, BGNES informs.
According to experts, currently there is no risk of explosion.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains