Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
A liquid petroleum gas leak has been coming out of a 20 tonne tank on the Slavyanin ferry near Bulgaria's port city of Varna, Friday.
The vessel sails under the flag of Russia and is located in the ferry complex near the city, BGNES reports.
Teams of the regional directorate of the Fire and Emergency Safety Directorate are on the site and are trying to cool the tank.
The ship crew has been evacuated. The leak is probably due to a faulty valve, BGNES informs.
According to experts, currently there is no risk of explosion.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday