Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
A liquid petroleum gas leak has been coming out of a 20 tonne tank on the Slavyanin ferry near Bulgaria's port city of Varna, Friday.
The vessel sails under the flag of Russia and is located in the ferry complex near the city, BGNES reports.
Teams of the regional directorate of the Fire and Emergency Safety Directorate are on the site and are trying to cool the tank.
The ship crew has been evacuated. The leak is probably due to a faulty valve, BGNES informs.
According to experts, currently there is no risk of explosion.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures