Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin Released on Bail
Mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin, Gergo Gergov, has been released on a BGN 30 thousand bail, Friday.
Gergov was arrested on Thursday by the State Agency National Security (DANS). The mayor of Vidin has been accused of malfeasance, and possession of ammunition and antiques, Nova Tv reports.
DANS employees have searched the offices of Gergov and his deputy Borislava Borisova. The Vidin municipality press office said the operation was looking for documentation on public tenders for deliveries of foodstuffs for municipal institutions in the period 2011-2014.
In July deputy mayor of Vidin Dobromir Dilov was charged with malfeasance, again in connection with public procurement procedures.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2