Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin Released on Bail
Mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin, Gergo Gergov, has been released on a BGN 30 thousand bail, Friday.
Gergov was arrested on Thursday by the State Agency National Security (DANS). The mayor of Vidin has been accused of malfeasance, and possession of ammunition and antiques, Nova Tv reports.
DANS employees have searched the offices of Gergov and his deputy Borislava Borisova. The Vidin municipality press office said the operation was looking for documentation on public tenders for deliveries of foodstuffs for municipal institutions in the period 2011-2014.
In July deputy mayor of Vidin Dobromir Dilov was charged with malfeasance, again in connection with public procurement procedures.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France