Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin Released on Bail
Mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin, Gergo Gergov, has been released on a BGN 30 thousand bail, Friday.
Gergov was arrested on Thursday by the State Agency National Security (DANS). The mayor of Vidin has been accused of malfeasance, and possession of ammunition and antiques, Nova Tv reports.
DANS employees have searched the offices of Gergov and his deputy Borislava Borisova. The Vidin municipality press office said the operation was looking for documentation on public tenders for deliveries of foodstuffs for municipal institutions in the period 2011-2014.
In July deputy mayor of Vidin Dobromir Dilov was charged with malfeasance, again in connection with public procurement procedures.
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption
- » Bulgaria’s Security, Technical OPS Agencies Report Increase in Surveillance Equipment Requests
- » Bulgaria Strategically Situated along Balkan Drug Trafficking Route – US Department of State
- » Bulgaria Seizes 11 Kg Heroin in Serbia-Registered Car