Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin Released on Bail
Mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin, Gergo Gergov, has been released on a BGN 30 thousand bail, Friday.
Gergov was arrested on Thursday by the State Agency National Security (DANS). The mayor of Vidin has been accused of malfeasance, and possession of ammunition and antiques, Nova Tv reports.
DANS employees have searched the offices of Gergov and his deputy Borislava Borisova. The Vidin municipality press office said the operation was looking for documentation on public tenders for deliveries of foodstuffs for municipal institutions in the period 2011-2014.
In July deputy mayor of Vidin Dobromir Dilov was charged with malfeasance, again in connection with public procurement procedures.
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt
- » IntMin Confirms with High Degree of Certainty Missing Petko Sertov Left for Greece
- » Customs Agency Discovers Illegal Gas Station in Downtown Sofia
- » 7 Bulgarian Nationals, 1 Czech Citizen Detained in Drug Bust