Caretaker Govt to Have Deputy PMs for Social, Economic Issues
Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev has said he will appoint two deputy prime ministers in the future caretaker cabinet in charge of social and economic issues, respectively.
Plevneliev, who has said he will unveil the lineup of the caretaker government on August 5, made the pledge to representatives of trade unions and employers’ organizations, the head of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (KNSB) Plamen Dimitrov said on Friday.
The two future deputy prime ministers are “well known public figures”, Dimitrov added without elaborating.
The head of state has also agreed to assign to the caretaker cabinet the task of drafting amendments to Bulgaria’s referendum legislation, to be passed for approval to the next government that will take office after the snap elections in the autumn.
The 24 Chasa daily reported earlier on Friday that law professor Georgi Bliznashki will head the caretaker cabinet.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting