Caretaker Govt to Have Deputy PMs for Social, Economic Issues
Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev has said he will appoint two deputy prime ministers in the future caretaker cabinet in charge of social and economic issues, respectively.
Plevneliev, who has said he will unveil the lineup of the caretaker government on August 5, made the pledge to representatives of trade unions and employers’ organizations, the head of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (KNSB) Plamen Dimitrov said on Friday.
The two future deputy prime ministers are “well known public figures”, Dimitrov added without elaborating.
The head of state has also agreed to assign to the caretaker cabinet the task of drafting amendments to Bulgaria’s referendum legislation, to be passed for approval to the next government that will take office after the snap elections in the autumn.
The 24 Chasa daily reported earlier on Friday that law professor Georgi Bliznashki will head the caretaker cabinet.
- » Director of Bulgaria's Air Traffic Services Authority Replaced Overnight
- » Bulgaria's Govt to Vote on Allocating BGN 26.5 M to Flood-Hit Areas
- » Meeting with Turkey's Erdogan 'Perfectly Natural' - DPS Leader
- » Director of Southwestern Unit of Bulgaria's Customs Agency Dismissed - Report
- » Repairs of Flood-Damaged Rail Infrastructure in Bulgaria to Cost BGN 3.2M
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Replaces 7 District Governors