Second Vicitim of Floods in Bulgaria's Vratsa Region Reported
The devastating floods which hit Bulgaria's northwestern city of Vratsa on Thursday have claimed the life of an elderly woman from Nivyanin village, BTV national station reports.
This is the second victim of the torrential rains in the region after a 25-year-old shepherd was found dead earlier on Friday. A total of 4 people have died in the floods in Bulgaria this week only, as earlier a 61-year-old woman and her 39-year-old son drowned in a village in the Gabrovo region.
The Nivyanin village has been partially flooded and the rescue teams use boats to evacuate the locals. The inhabitants of Golyamo Peshtene village are also being evacuated due to the overflowing reservoir in the nearby Mramoren village.
BTV station reports of floods in a number of Bulgarian regions, including Plovdiv, Vratsa, Montana, the Rhodopes, Mezdra.
- » Bulgarian Movie Viktoria Released in the US
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Number of Smokers in EU
- » Preview of Game of Thrones Episode Featuring Zahari Baharov Now Released
- » Rudimental, Ella Eyre to Perform for Sofia Music Fans
- » Popovi Livadi Becomes Bulgaria's Newest Village
- » Illegal Constructions in Plovdiv's Stolipinovo to be Removed