Second Vicitim of Floods in Bulgaria's Vratsa Region Reported
The devastating floods which hit Bulgaria's northwestern city of Vratsa on Thursday have claimed the life of an elderly woman from Nivyanin village, BTV national station reports.
This is the second victim of the torrential rains in the region after a 25-year-old shepherd was found dead earlier on Friday. A total of 4 people have died in the floods in Bulgaria this week only, as earlier a 61-year-old woman and her 39-year-old son drowned in a village in the Gabrovo region.
The Nivyanin village has been partially flooded and the rescue teams use boats to evacuate the locals. The inhabitants of Golyamo Peshtene village are also being evacuated due to the overflowing reservoir in the nearby Mramoren village.
BTV station reports of floods in a number of Bulgarian regions, including Plovdiv, Vratsa, Montana, the Rhodopes, Mezdra.
- » Sofia University will Аccept Students in the Specialty "Medicine"
- » Sofia Hosts International Literary Festival for Children and Youngsters
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions
- » Two killed, more than 20 Injured in an Earthquake in Indonesia
- » Yet Again a Protest in Defence of Pirin
- » Passenger died after an engine explosion blew out a window mid-flight