Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
Early ticket sales for the Barbican production of “Hamlet” starring Britain's hottest actor Benedict Cumberbatch started on August 1, amid high interest, report British media.
The production hits the stage of the notable London theatre in August 2015 and will be on through October the same year.
General public will be able to buy tickets starting on August 11, but the media predict that with the 3000 new Barbican members who signed up in the last three months, the ticket servers might experience problems.
According to Whatsonstage.com, the theatre has taken extra measures to prevent “scalping” and has limited the number of tickets to six per household. Additionally, a photo ID of the 'lead booker' will be required to gain admission into the theatre.
British media speculate that the tickets will be sold out within days and the only chance to get a ticket will be the extra 100 10 GBP tickets for each show, which will be put on sale next year.
The Telegraph notes that the rise to stardom of Benedict Cumberbatch was a thing to behold. “This geeky Old Harrovian, now 38, with his washed-out colouring, small slanting eyes and propensity to gabble now regularly features in lists of the world’s sexiest / most influential / most eligible men,” writes Serena Davies. “There isn’t a better British actor with Cumberbatch’s level of fame working today.”
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals
- » Scorpions 50th Anniversary Tour to Include Sofia Concert on July 17
- » Sofia Film Fest 20th Edition to Take Place March10-31
- » Bulgaria's Pernik Hosts 25th Edition of Surva Masquerade Games
- » Bulgaria's Sofia to Host World Festival of Animated Film Jan 29-31
- » MENAR Film Festival Kicks Off in Sofia on January 14