Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
Early ticket sales for the Barbican production of “Hamlet” starring Britain's hottest actor Benedict Cumberbatch started on August 1, amid high interest, report British media.
The production hits the stage of the notable London theatre in August 2015 and will be on through October the same year.
General public will be able to buy tickets starting on August 11, but the media predict that with the 3000 new Barbican members who signed up in the last three months, the ticket servers might experience problems.
According to Whatsonstage.com, the theatre has taken extra measures to prevent “scalping” and has limited the number of tickets to six per household. Additionally, a photo ID of the 'lead booker' will be required to gain admission into the theatre.
British media speculate that the tickets will be sold out within days and the only chance to get a ticket will be the extra 100 10 GBP tickets for each show, which will be put on sale next year.
The Telegraph notes that the rise to stardom of Benedict Cumberbatch was a thing to behold. “This geeky Old Harrovian, now 38, with his washed-out colouring, small slanting eyes and propensity to gabble now regularly features in lists of the world’s sexiest / most influential / most eligible men,” writes Serena Davies. “There isn’t a better British actor with Cumberbatch’s level of fame working today.”
- » The Fisherman and the Goldfish Have Their Statue in Bulgaria’s Varna
- » A to JazZ Festival Brings US Legends to Sofia in July
- » Zenith Fusion Festival: Music, Cinema and Insight into Life in Rhodope Mountains
- » Sofia Joins Fete de la Musique With Free Concerts on Three Stages
- » Bulgarian-born Artist Christo Amazes World with Floating Piers
- » Israeli Author Ellis Shuman to Present New Book in Bulgaria