Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
Early ticket sales for the Barbican production of “Hamlet” starring Britain's hottest actor Benedict Cumberbatch started on August 1, amid high interest, report British media.
The production hits the stage of the notable London theatre in August 2015 and will be on through October the same year.
General public will be able to buy tickets starting on August 11, but the media predict that with the 3000 new Barbican members who signed up in the last three months, the ticket servers might experience problems.
According to Whatsonstage.com, the theatre has taken extra measures to prevent “scalping” and has limited the number of tickets to six per household. Additionally, a photo ID of the 'lead booker' will be required to gain admission into the theatre.
British media speculate that the tickets will be sold out within days and the only chance to get a ticket will be the extra 100 10 GBP tickets for each show, which will be put on sale next year.
The Telegraph notes that the rise to stardom of Benedict Cumberbatch was a thing to behold. “This geeky Old Harrovian, now 38, with his washed-out colouring, small slanting eyes and propensity to gabble now regularly features in lists of the world’s sexiest / most influential / most eligible men,” writes Serena Davies. “There isn’t a better British actor with Cumberbatch’s level of fame working today.”
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan's First Lady to Unveil Open-Air Museum in Veliko Tarnovo on Thursday
- » Sofia to Host Brick Roads Music Festival Again in October
- » Varna Hosting Annual Animated Film Fest