Bulgarian Parties Spent BGN 12M in EU Elections Campaign
Bulgaria's Institute for Public Environment Development has introduced an analysis of the financial reports of all the parties which ran in this year's European Elections.
“Year after year we have been analyzing the reports and trying to monitor the campaign fundraising. It is not common in Bulgaria to seek transparency in campaign financing,” Antoaneta Tsoneva from the Institute told Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
“The campaign of Bulgaria without censorship party has established an all time record,” Tsoneva stressed. The coalition claimed it had received contributions from some 500 sources. The matter is the subject of an investigation. This has been the phenomenon of this electoral campaign.”
“The expenditures of all 23 parties which took part in this year's European elections come up to about BGN 12M, according to the reports. The share of subsidies as the main source of funding has increased by nearly 20 percent,” Tsoneva explained.
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgaria-EU Trade Increased in First Eleven Months of 2015
- » Bulgarian TV Show to Submit Petition for Holding Six-Point Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-President Says Ankara Working to Wield Influence on Bulgarian Turks
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Also Sees 'Plot against Govt'
- » David Clark: Bulgaria in Danger of Blowing Its Big Moment