Central Bank Deputy Governor Arrives at Bulgaria's Presidency
Kalin Hristov, Deputy Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB), arrived at Bulgaria's Presidency on Thursday afternoon.
Hristov refused to comment on the reasons for his visit, which came amid reports of a meeting of President Rosen Plevneliev with future ministers in the caretaker government due to be held later during the day.
Alongside lecturer prof. Georgi Bliznashki, Hristov has been pointed as likely to take over as Prime Minister in the interim government.
Some sources have suggested if appointed, he could also be assigned the Finance portfolio.
A caretaker cabinet is due to be sworn in after Parliament is dissolved on August 6.
- » Bulgarians Expect Situation in Turkey to Worsen after Failed Coup Attempt - Poll
- » Bulgarian PM Warns of Rising Migration Pressure along Southern Border
- » Chief Prosecutor: 'Thin' Line between Anti-Terror Measures, Human Rights
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 45 Migrants Crossing into Serbia
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Welcomes Turkey Coup
- » Bulgaria, US to Boost Exchange of Data on Terrorism, Financial Crime