Central Bank Deputy Governor Arrives at Bulgaria's Presidency
Kalin Hristov, Deputy Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB), arrived at Bulgaria's Presidency on Thursday afternoon.
Hristov refused to comment on the reasons for his visit, which came amid reports of a meeting of President Rosen Plevneliev with future ministers in the caretaker government due to be held later during the day.
Alongside lecturer prof. Georgi Bliznashki, Hristov has been pointed as likely to take over as Prime Minister in the interim government.
Some sources have suggested if appointed, he could also be assigned the Finance portfolio.
A caretaker cabinet is due to be sworn in after Parliament is dissolved on August 6.
- » Case against MP Mareshki and His Team Will Not Be Over Soon, Prosecution Says
- » 23% Support for GERB and United Patriots Coalition Government
- » NSI: Poverty Line for Bulgaria Was BGN 308.17 in 2016
- » Trade Union in Interior Ministry to Consider Protests Against Low Wages
- » Trial of Burgas Airport Terrorist Attack Fails to Start for 5th Time
- » 6 from Judges’ Quota Elected for Bulgaria’s Next Supreme Judicial Council