Central Bank Deputy Governor Arrives at Bulgaria's Presidency
Kalin Hristov, Deputy Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB), arrived at Bulgaria's Presidency on Thursday afternoon.
Hristov refused to comment on the reasons for his visit, which came amid reports of a meeting of President Rosen Plevneliev with future ministers in the caretaker government due to be held later during the day.
Alongside lecturer prof. Georgi Bliznashki, Hristov has been pointed as likely to take over as Prime Minister in the interim government.
Some sources have suggested if appointed, he could also be assigned the Finance portfolio.
A caretaker cabinet is due to be sworn in after Parliament is dissolved on August 6.
- » Bulgaria MP to Table Medical Cannabis Legalization Bill
- » Expenses of Bulgarian MPs on Business Trips Amount to BGN 470 000
- » Bulgaria Boasts 92 % Absorption Rate of EU Funds - PM Borisov
- » Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Local Elections, Referendum to Cost BGN 50 M
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Assures Border Controls Are Efficient