Bulgaria's Pomorie 'Could Have' Dubai-Style Fake Islands
Entrepreneurs from Qatar, Abu Dhabi, China and South Korea are considering opportunities to build artificial islands near the seaside town of Pomorie, according to media reports.
The landscape in the region is "very favorable", with a "shallow beach" that is just 5 meters deep, and this would make it easy to place islands there, Kamen Shipkov, an architect from Pomorie, was quoted by the daily Monitor as saying.
Shipkov's own blueprints include three islands off the coast, with a 260-meter bridge to connect them with the mainland.
Facilities like a dolphinarium, swimming pools, water parks could be built on one of them, while the second could host a casino and the third could have five- or seven-star hotels. A twenty or thirty-story hotel like the one at Barcelona's port, which stands in open sea could also be erected, Shipkov believes.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure