Bulgaria's MPs Fined BGN 660 K For Non-Attendance
Bulgaria's MPs were fined BGN 663 441 for non-attendance, shows an analysis of the BGNES wire service, based on official information for June 2013 – June 2014.
Of those 630 000 were for absence from sessions of Parliament and the remainder – for absence from committee meetings.
The largest sum was deducted from the MPs' salaries in July 2013 – BGN 174 850 when opposition GERB boycotted the sessions of Parliament.
Most regular was the attendance in September 2013 when the MPs were fined only BGN 3765.
The National Assembly, however, refused to provide information on the fined MPs by name, as this was personal information.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017