Bulgaria's MPs Fined BGN 660 K For Non-Attendance
Bulgaria's MPs were fined BGN 663 441 for non-attendance, shows an analysis of the BGNES wire service, based on official information for June 2013 – June 2014.
Of those 630 000 were for absence from sessions of Parliament and the remainder – for absence from committee meetings.
The largest sum was deducted from the MPs' salaries in July 2013 – BGN 174 850 when opposition GERB boycotted the sessions of Parliament.
Most regular was the attendance in September 2013 when the MPs were fined only BGN 3765.
The National Assembly, however, refused to provide information on the fined MPs by name, as this was personal information.
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » The Duisburg Casino in Germany Turns 10
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Austrian Ambassador Roland Hauser Tops Novinite.com's Personalities in the News Poll
- » World Fails to Match Levski's Ideal, Bulgarian President Says
- » Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'