Bulgaria's MPs Fined BGN 660 K For Non-Attendance
Bulgaria's MPs were fined BGN 663 441 for non-attendance, shows an analysis of the BGNES wire service, based on official information for June 2013 – June 2014.
Of those 630 000 were for absence from sessions of Parliament and the remainder – for absence from committee meetings.
The largest sum was deducted from the MPs' salaries in July 2013 – BGN 174 850 when opposition GERB boycotted the sessions of Parliament.
Most regular was the attendance in September 2013 when the MPs were fined only BGN 3765.
The National Assembly, however, refused to provide information on the fined MPs by name, as this was personal information.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name