European Stock Exchanges Interested in BG Stock Exchange Privatization
Three large European stock exchanges showed interest in the privatization of the Bulgarian Stock Exchange (BSE), said former Vice PM Daniela Bobeva on Wednesday.
She did not say which were the candidates for the stock exchange.
The government's Privatization Agency said in November that it planned to put up for sale its stakes of 50.05% in BSE and 43.7% in the Central Depository.
Earlier attempts for the privatization of the BSE by the GERB government failed. Eventual candidates were the London Stock Exchange, Deutsche Boerse and the Austrian CCE Stock Exchange Group.
- » Bulgarian Govt Debt Rises to EUR 13.35 B at End-March
- » Bulgaria Expects Budget Surplus to Exceed BGN 2.3 B at End of April
- » Bulgaria’s End-February Gross Foreign Debt Falls 0.7% from End-2015
- » Bulgaria's Government Deficit, Debt Stood at 2.1 %, 26.7 % in 2015
- » Bulgarian Company Wins DFC Innovation Award
- » Jan-Feb FDI in Bulgaria Drops - C-bank
Disposing of STATE owned companies businesses ,is it such a good idea ?
Russia done similar and few people got very rich took the money out of the country and now live abroad the companies have had nothing but trouble and even failed leaving the country to pick up the pieces at the tax payers expense .
The UK under the TORY government also privatised a lot of State owned businesses and now it is costing billions in subsidies to keep what are necessary companies running the TRAINS. GAS and ELECTRIC All privatised and now costing the TAX PAYER .
IS it worth the RISK and WHO will BENEFIT if like the others only a very FEW will see the rewards .