Bulgarian Scientists Prove Beer to Be as Healthy as Fruits
Bulgarian scientists have found more evidence that the moderate drinking of beer is good for one's health thanks to the natural ingredients contained in the ale.
Natural low-alcohol drinks such as beer contain large amounts of vitamins and antioxidants. The levels of these substances in beer are higher than those in some of the most common fruits and vegetables such as watermelons, melons, apples, and carrots, scientists have announced during the 7th National Conference of the Bulgarian Society for Nutrition and Dietetics.
A recent study shows that the beer produced in Bulgaria is an excellent source of important low-molecular-weight antioxidants such as glutathione and proline, BGNES reports. Glutathione is also found in fruits and vegetables and is synthesized by the human body.
- » Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
- » Pirogov Hospital Continues to Operate Despite the Protests
- » World AIDS Day 2017
- » 140 People Have Been Examined in the Pirogov Hospital for the Last 24 Hours
- » Patient Organizations are Protesting
- » University Oncological Hospital Forms Groups for Psycho-emotional Support