Bulgarian Scientists Prove Beer to Be as Healthy as Fruits
Bulgarian scientists have found more evidence that the moderate drinking of beer is good for one's health thanks to the natural ingredients contained in the ale.
Natural low-alcohol drinks such as beer contain large amounts of vitamins and antioxidants. The levels of these substances in beer are higher than those in some of the most common fruits and vegetables such as watermelons, melons, apples, and carrots, scientists have announced during the 7th National Conference of the Bulgarian Society for Nutrition and Dietetics.
A recent study shows that the beer produced in Bulgaria is an excellent source of important low-molecular-weight antioxidants such as glutathione and proline, BGNES reports. Glutathione is also found in fruits and vegetables and is synthesized by the human body.
- » Bulgaria to Purchase over 300 New Ambulances with EU Funds
- » Doctors in Bulgaria to Stage Symbolic Protest over New Funding Model
- » Patients Will Need ID Cards to Be Admitted to Hospital in Bulgaria as of April
- » Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals
- » 60% of Calls to 112 Emergency Phone Number in 2014 Were Unjustified