Bulgarian Scientists Prove Beer to Be as Healthy as Fruits
Bulgarian scientists have found more evidence that the moderate drinking of beer is good for one's health thanks to the natural ingredients contained in the ale.
Natural low-alcohol drinks such as beer contain large amounts of vitamins and antioxidants. The levels of these substances in beer are higher than those in some of the most common fruits and vegetables such as watermelons, melons, apples, and carrots, scientists have announced during the 7th National Conference of the Bulgarian Society for Nutrition and Dietetics.
A recent study shows that the beer produced in Bulgaria is an excellent source of important low-molecular-weight antioxidants such as glutathione and proline, BGNES reports. Glutathione is also found in fruits and vegetables and is synthesized by the human body.
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt National Health Strategy 2014-2020
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on National Health Strategy
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015