Three Minor Earthquakes Hit Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
Three minor earthquakes have been registered near the town of Smolyan, in southern Bulgaria some 150 km southeast of Sofia, Wednesday afternoon.
The three earthquakes measuring from 2.1 to 2.6 on the Richter scale struck between 4:11 p.m. and 7:54 p.m. local time on Wednesday at depths ranging from two to 11 km, the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC) has informed.
No damages were reported.
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria