Three Minor Earthquakes Hit Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
Three minor earthquakes have been registered near the town of Smolyan, in southern Bulgaria some 150 km southeast of Sofia, Wednesday afternoon.
The three earthquakes measuring from 2.1 to 2.6 on the Richter scale struck between 4:11 p.m. and 7:54 p.m. local time on Wednesday at depths ranging from two to 11 km, the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC) has informed.
No damages were reported.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures