President Plevneliev 'to Hold Consultations' with Caretaker Gov't
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev will reportedly hold consultations with future caretaker government ministers, Thursday.
The meeting will take place after Lyutvi Mestan, leader of liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), rejected the mandate to form a government on Wednesday. DPS's decision was declared after center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) and the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) gave up the proposal to form a government, as well.
Plevneliev and the new ministers will discuss the priorities of the caretaker government until the formation of the next cabinet.
Thursday's information has not yet been officially confirmed by the Presidency.
The caretaker government has to ensure fair elections, to work for the stabilization of the financial and the economic situation, and for the absorption of EU funds, Standart news reports.
The caretaker government will be officially presented on August 5, Plevneliev announced.
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues