Мaya Manolova: Borisov Got Scared
By leaving parliament GERB sabotaged the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK) budget update deputy speaker of Parliament Maya Manolova told novinite.bg.
Mrs. Manolova, how would you comment the current situation in Parliament after today's decision of GERB not to participate in the remaining sessions?
Apparently Boyko Borisov got scared that the future plans of a coalition between him and the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) became public. But this is a very irresponsible action, because the NZOK budget had to be updated. On another hand, it is a good thing, that the plans to allow the future caretaker government to conclude financial contracts. This was an anti-constitutional idea, floated by GERB and DPS, without a precedent. - To give mandate to a caretaker government to take loans with unclear parameters.
Boyko Borisov called his decision “responsible and stately”, you say it was irresponsible. Could you clarify?
It is irresponsible, because by leaving the parliament GERB sabotaged the update of the NZOK budget. Yesterday the update was supported by all parliamentary-represented parties. We need ease of mind for the doctors, the patients, for the Bulgarian citizens. Apparently, this is not going to happen, because there is no quorum in Parliament, so the responsibility on the healthcare system falls on GERB. On another hand, it is a good thing, that the taking of another BGN 3.5 loan won't happen, because the failed second reading of the update of the state budget.
GERB transferred the responsibility from here onwards on BSP – what do you think this Parliament can do by the end of its mandate on August 5?
If GERB are really not coming to Parliament anymore, it can't do anything.
Would you try to gather a quorum on Thursday?
Yes, we will be in the session hall because we continue to think that the update of the NZOK budget is needed by the Bulgarian citizens. Let it be known that Coalition for Bulgaria did everything possible to pass the update and other urgent laws, but those attempts were sabotaged by GERB's irresponsible behaviour.
- » Romanian Ambassador: Romania is Willing to Cooperate Closely with Bulgaria For a Very Successful EU Presidency
- » French Ambassador: I Think We Collectively Made a Mistake When We Didn’t Invite Bulgaria to be Part of the Schengen Area
- » Italian Ambassador Mr. Stefano Baldi: Bulgaria is Absolutely Ready to Join Schengen, Since All Technical Criteria Are Met
- » Greek Ambassador Grigorios Vassiloconstandakis: Bulgarian Presidency is going to Add Specific Value in the European Union’s Way Forward
- » Danish Ambassador Søren Jacobsen: Bilateral Relations Between Bulgaria and Denmark Are Excellent Both in the Political, Cultural and Commercial Areas
- » Spanish Ambassador to Bulgaria D. Francisco Javier PÉREZ-GRIFFO Y DE VIDES: Spain support Bulgaria's accession to Schengen area