Bulgaria's Nat'l Security Agency Seized 130kg of Heroin in H1, 2014
Around 130kg of heroin and 30kg of cocaine were seized in operations of Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) in the first six months of 2014.
The authorities seized over 54kg of marijuana in the first half of 2014, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
DANS conducted a total of 7 operations aimed at intercepting cross-border human trafficking and 17 operations targeting cyber crime.
DANS also carried out 17 operations targeting tax fraud and illegal VAT draining, two of them with the cooperation of the Belgian services and the US services.
- » Bulgaria Charges Three Men over Migrant Truck Deaths in Austria
- » Bulgaria Thwarts Two Attempts to Smuggle Some 90 Migrants from Turkey
- » Four Kosovo Men Get Suspended Jail Sentences in Bulgaria for Illegally Crossing from Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Court Leaves Len Homeniuk Under House Arrest, Extradition Hearing Set for Sept 16
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detained 243 Human Traffickers in First Half of Year
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven