CPC Hits Bulgargaz With Record Fine
Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC) imposed the record fine of over BGN 23 M on Bulgaria's state-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz, reports BGNES wire service.
The company was fined BGN 23 377 600 for abuse of dominant position by imposing dishonest commercial practices.
According to complaints of Bulgargaz customers from the Overgaz group and Sofiagaz, the supplier imposed on them contracts, which require them to consume even quantities of gas every day, or they would be penalised by a 10% price increase.
The record fine is just 0.5% of the Bulgargaz annual turnover. The maximum share is 10%. CPC, however, multiplied the percentage of the fine by 2.5 – the period in which the company was imposing those requirements.
The previous record fine, BGN 15 988 300 was imposed by CPC in 2012 on the official distributor of Hyundai cars for Bulgaria – Industrial Commerce and its daughter company Hyundai Leasing.
- » Minimum Retirement Pension Up To BGN 180
- » The Total Business Climate Indicator in Bulgaria Decreases by 0.7% for June 2017
- » Apha Research: Most of the Bulgarians Get News on Websites and Social Media Networks
- » Regional Health Inspection: Sea Water on all Beaches in Varna is Clean
- » Gas Price Will Rise by 2% as of 1st of July
- » Number of Trips of Bulgarian Residents Up to 15.7% in May 2017 Compared to May 2016