Lifeguards Warn Of Dangerous Swells Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Lifeguards in Bulgaria's sea resorts warn tourists to beware of the rip currents that appeared on Monday, reports bTV.
The lifeguards warn that people must be very careful and recommend that they not venture deep into the water.
“This swell is very dangerous, because you cannot see it on the surface,” said Nikola Ivanov, a longtime lifeguard. “Once it grabs you, it will drag you into the deep water and it is very hard to swim back to the shore.”
Traditionally the strong currents that move from the shore into the sea appear along the Bulgarian coast in the end of July and the first days of August – the days, in which according to popular belief, the sea claims the most lives.
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister
- » Man Presumed Dead After Blast at Bulgarian Hunting Ammo Factory