Lifeguards Warn Of Dangerous Swells Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Lifeguards in Bulgaria's sea resorts warn tourists to beware of the rip currents that appeared on Monday, reports bTV.
The lifeguards warn that people must be very careful and recommend that they not venture deep into the water.
“This swell is very dangerous, because you cannot see it on the surface,” said Nikola Ivanov, a longtime lifeguard. “Once it grabs you, it will drag you into the deep water and it is very hard to swim back to the shore.”
Traditionally the strong currents that move from the shore into the sea appear along the Bulgarian coast in the end of July and the first days of August – the days, in which according to popular belief, the sea claims the most lives.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017