Lifeguards Warn Of Dangerous Swells Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Lifeguards in Bulgaria's sea resorts warn tourists to beware of the rip currents that appeared on Monday, reports bTV.
The lifeguards warn that people must be very careful and recommend that they not venture deep into the water.
“This swell is very dangerous, because you cannot see it on the surface,” said Nikola Ivanov, a longtime lifeguard. “Once it grabs you, it will drag you into the deep water and it is very hard to swim back to the shore.”
Traditionally the strong currents that move from the shore into the sea appear along the Bulgarian coast in the end of July and the first days of August – the days, in which according to popular belief, the sea claims the most lives.
- » Children From I to XII Grade in Bulgarian Schools Abroad Could be Taught in Bulgarian Language
- » In First Quarter of 2017, 926 100 Bulgarians Made Tourist Trips
- » 68% of Bulgarians Аdmit to not Having Bought a Book in the Past Year
- » Spring Book Bazaar Opens at National Palace of Culture
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible
- » Stara Zagora, Best City For Living in Bulgaria For 2016