Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
Bulgaria's outgoing Parliament passed at first reading the update of the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK) budget on Tuesday afternoon, reports Dnes.bg.
By a vote of 184 “for”, one abstention and null “against”, the MPs from the opposition GERB, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) decided to allocate additional BGN 200 M for funding of the state hospitals and BGN 25 M for the NZOK funded medications.
Earlier this month NZOK asked for additional BGN 328 M update to its yearly budget.
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty
- » Bulgaria Health System Could Perform Much Better, World Bank Says
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert