Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
Bulgaria's outgoing Parliament passed at first reading the update of the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK) budget on Tuesday afternoon, reports Dnes.bg.
By a vote of 184 “for”, one abstention and null “against”, the MPs from the opposition GERB, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) decided to allocate additional BGN 200 M for funding of the state hospitals and BGN 25 M for the NZOK funded medications.
Earlier this month NZOK asked for additional BGN 328 M update to its yearly budget.
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt National Health Strategy 2014-2020
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on National Health Strategy
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015