Dangerous WWII Bomb Found at Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
A bomb disposal unit in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Bourgas has destroyed a dangerous WWII aerial bomb which was found by accident at the beach.
A diver has discovered the ammunition in the sea, at a depth of 2 meters, about 4 meters away from the rocks in Kraymorie district, Darik news reports.
The explosive device was found to be an AO-10 fragmentation bomb, heavily corroded and therefore very hazardous. It was taken out of the water by a team of divers, and then it was carefully transported to a nearby military establishment.
The WWII bomb was destroyed in a specially equipped military range.
- » Emergency Medical Aid To Be Provided Within 30 Minutes
- » Bulgaria's Nuclear Institute: New Cyclotron To Become Operational in 2 Years
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Begin Every Session with National Anthem
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Aid for Unemployed Who Find Work Far from Hometown
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems