Dangerous WWII Bomb Found at Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
A bomb disposal unit in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Bourgas has destroyed a dangerous WWII aerial bomb which was found by accident at the beach.
A diver has discovered the ammunition in the sea, at a depth of 2 meters, about 4 meters away from the rocks in Kraymorie district, Darik news reports.
The explosive device was found to be an AO-10 fragmentation bomb, heavily corroded and therefore very hazardous. It was taken out of the water by a team of divers, and then it was carefully transported to a nearby military establishment.
The WWII bomb was destroyed in a specially equipped military range.
- » Less Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko