Dangerous WWII Bomb Found at Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
A bomb disposal unit in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Bourgas has destroyed a dangerous WWII aerial bomb which was found by accident at the beach.
A diver has discovered the ammunition in the sea, at a depth of 2 meters, about 4 meters away from the rocks in Kraymorie district, Darik news reports.
The explosive device was found to be an AO-10 fragmentation bomb, heavily corroded and therefore very hazardous. It was taken out of the water by a team of divers, and then it was carefully transported to a nearby military establishment.
The WWII bomb was destroyed in a specially equipped military range.
- » Sofia Ethnographic Museum To Present Surva, Vasilitsa
- » Fresh Snow Catches Bulgaria Off-Guard
- » Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather
- » Code Yellow in Most of Bulgaria over Snow, Road Ice
- » Bulgaria's Handover of Gulenist to Turkey 'Unlawful' - Amnesty
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Snow in Most of Country Wednesday