Dangerous WWII Bomb Found at Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
A bomb disposal unit in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Bourgas has destroyed a dangerous WWII aerial bomb which was found by accident at the beach.
A diver has discovered the ammunition in the sea, at a depth of 2 meters, about 4 meters away from the rocks in Kraymorie district, Darik news reports.
The explosive device was found to be an AO-10 fragmentation bomb, heavily corroded and therefore very hazardous. It was taken out of the water by a team of divers, and then it was carefully transported to a nearby military establishment.
The WWII bomb was destroyed in a specially equipped military range.
- » Baba Tonka Museum Re-Opens in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Volcano Villarrica Erupts in Chile
- » Google Features Bulgarian Liberation Day Doodle
- » Vandalism Committed in Front of Blagoevgrad Mosque
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 137 Years of Ottoman Empire Liberation
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1500-Year-Old Cross in Sandanski