Dangerous WWII Bomb Found at Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
A bomb disposal unit in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Bourgas has destroyed a dangerous WWII aerial bomb which was found by accident at the beach.
A diver has discovered the ammunition in the sea, at a depth of 2 meters, about 4 meters away from the rocks in Kraymorie district, Darik news reports.
The explosive device was found to be an AO-10 fragmentation bomb, heavily corroded and therefore very hazardous. It was taken out of the water by a team of divers, and then it was carefully transported to a nearby military establishment.
The WWII bomb was destroyed in a specially equipped military range.
- » Wildfire Forces Evacuation of 10,000 Campers in southern France
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 11th Century Rakia Distillation Vessel
- » Wildfire in Bulgaria's Rila Mountain Contained
- » Bulgarian Cameraman Drowns While Trying to Rescue Teenager
- » CNN: Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha’s Amazing Life
- » Forest Fire in Bulgaria's Rila Mountain Mostly Contained