Pernik – Sofia Road Expansion Project to Use EU Funding
Outgoing Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva has said that a project for the rehabilitation and expansion of the Pernik-Sofia road through Vladaya is being designed.
Stressing that it was one of the busiest roads in the region, she made clear that it was to become a four-lane road under a project funded under the "Growth Regions" Operational Program.
Terzieva, as cited by Sega daily, noted that the project was to be ready by October so that construction works could start in 2015.
She underscored that the expansion of the road would ease traffic and boost road safety.
Speaking in Pernik, where she met with Pernik District Governor Mihail Mihaylov, Terzieva insisted that the people and businesses were feeling the beneficial impact of the policy of the outgoing socialist-led government on the reconstruction of small roads across the country.
She informed that the projects implemented by the Road Infrastructure Agency under the public investment program of the government were about 70% ready.
Terzieva informed that the district of Pernik had been provided a total of BGN 4.5 M had for road projects and the repair and rehabilitation of the water supply and sewerage network.
Terzieva also announced that the rehabilitation of the Studena dam and the drinking water plant had to start in 2015.
She said that the procedure for selecting a contractor was to start by end-2014 and the project was to be implemented in 2 years.
Terzieva announced that the indicative value of the project was BGN 30 M and the dam would not be fully drained during the rehabilitation because Pernik had no alternative source of water.
- » Bulgaria’s President: Failure to Form Govt Would Lead to Disaster
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev