Torrential Rains Kill One Near Bulgaria's Gabrovo
A 61-year-old woman was killed and her 39-year-old son went missing after the torrential rains on Monday night, report the Bulgarian-language media.
According to Gabrovo mayor Tanya Hristova, the ground floors of houses in villages in Gabrovo region were flooded. Electricity and water supply have been cut off.
Water supply in the Gabrovo industrial zone is also disrupted.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters warns of potential high water levels in the tributaries of the Danube and risk of local floods.
- » Expected December Temperatures Around Norm, Snow Likely For Christmas
- » Bulgaria Lacks Official Data On Correlation Air Pollution - Health
- » Forest Guard Discover Dead Immigrant Near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly