Torrential Rains Kill One Near Bulgaria's Gabrovo
A 61-year-old woman was killed and her 39-year-old son went missing after the torrential rains on Monday night, report the Bulgarian-language media.
According to Gabrovo mayor Tanya Hristova, the ground floors of houses in villages in Gabrovo region were flooded. Electricity and water supply have been cut off.
Water supply in the Gabrovo industrial zone is also disrupted.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters warns of potential high water levels in the tributaries of the Danube and risk of local floods.
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away