Roma Protesters Block Three Trains in Bulgaria's Sofia
Three trains have been blocked on the road near Bulgaria's capital city of Sofia due to civil disobedience, Tuesday, Bulgarian State Railways reports.
Protesters are standing on the line between Zaharna Fabrika and Gorna Banya in Sofia's Roma district Fakulteta in support of the inhabitants of the Lozenets district in Stara Zagora, whose illegal houses were demolished earlier in July, Bulgaria's Telegraph Agency informs.
A week ago, the Euroroma party has posed an ultimatum to the Stara Zagora Mayor Zhivko Todorov to stop the demolition of the Roma houses in the city, threatening that its supporters will block the major roads in the country.
The train Sofia-Pernik has stopped near the crossing in Fakulteta, another train Sofia-Pernik was blocked in Gorna Banya and the train Kyustendil-Sofia is in Pernik classification yard.
From the State Railways explained that such protests should be held only after an advance notice has been given, however such notice was not received today.
- » Sofia Vergara Wearing Successful Bulgarian Label
- » Armed and Almost Safe
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert
- » Bulgarian Storms Guinness World Records with Teapots
- » Village Population in Bulgaria Marks Decrease
- » Bulgaria's Labor Min Tables Tough Measures to Boost Work Safety