Half Million Bulgarians Drive Volkswagen Cars
Volkswagen is the most common car brand in Bulgaria, according to the Ministry of Interior data regarding the registration of motor vehicles.
A total of 476,327 Volkswagen automobiles have been registered in Bulgaria, however 238,940 of them are over 20 years old, which makes the brand the leader in the ranking of old cars in the country, as well, Speed-Press reports.
The second most popular car brand in Bulgaria is Opel with 436,651 registered vehicles. Third in the ranking comes Ford with 267,856 cars. Some 39% of all registered vehicles are over 20 years old. Only 4% of the cars in the country were made up to 5 years ago.
Toyota is the leader among the new cars with 9019 automobiles. Dacia is also in the top three with 8677 registered cars up to 5 years old.
A total of 16,295 vehicles were registered in Bulgaria in the first six months of the year.
The leader among the sports cars is Porsche with 1958 automobiles, of which 842 are between 6 and 10 years old. Bentley have sold 149 cars in Bulgaria, only 20 of them new. The number of Ferrari automobiles in the country is the same as the number of luxury Soviet Chaika cars, namely 72.
- » Too Early for EU Response on Bulgaria's 'Gas Hub' Idea - Commission VP Georgieva
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Austria’s BauMax Sells Bulgaria Unit for Token EUR 1
- » Max, Blizoo Join Forces in Mobile Wholesale Deal in Bulgaria