Bulgaria Issues Libya Travel Warning
Bulgaria on Monday warned its citizens against all travel to Libya due to escalating tensions in the North African country.
In a statement, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia also strongly recommended Bulgarians currently in Libya to leave immediately.
The travel warning has been prompted by the deterioration of the security situation in Libya and the unfavorable prospects for its development, the statement said. Islamist militias in Libya have been battling their opponents, pushing the country towards full-scale civil war, following last month’s parliamentary elections saw sharp losses for Islamist parties.
The UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands issued similar warnings last week. The U.S. embassy in Tripoli evacuated all staff on Saturday.
- » ABV’s Kalfin Says GERB-BSP Coalition Could Provide Stability
- » Bulgaria’s GERB Party, ABV Movement Willing to Extend Coalition Talks
- » Bulgaria to Create Search&Rescue System for Aviation Accidents
- » Bulgaria’s GERB Party, ABV Movement Hold Govt Talks
- » Nationalist Ataka Refuses Government Talks With GERB
- » There Will Be Centre-Right Government In 10 Days – Reformist Bloc MP