German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
A liver from a Bulgarian donor has been transported to Germany as part of the cooperation with the organization for organ exchange Eurotransplant.
The organ was transported to Germany due to the lack of appropriate recipients on Bulgaria's national transplant waiting list, according to the press office of the Health Ministry.
Meanwhile, three organ transplant operations were carried out at the St. Ekaterina University Hospital and the Lozenets University Hospital.
Two kidney transplant operations were carried out at the Lozenets University Hospital and a heart transplant procedure was completed at the St. Ekaterina University Hospital, according to reports of the Health Ministry.
The patients are in good condition after the surgery.
The organs for all of the transplant operations were donated by the relatives of a 44-year-old man who was declared brain dead at the Sveta Marina hospital in Varna on July 24.
- » Health Minister is Preparing New Health Insurance Model
- » Municipal Hospitals are Planning New Protests
- » Dentists Urge the State to Fund the Treatment of Children, Pregnant Women and Emergency Cases
- » About 10% of the Schools in the Country do not have an Assigned Nurse
- » Parents Organize a Protest to Save the Children's Cardiology Clinic
- » Prof. Kantardzhiev: Currently, at Least 120,000 People in Bulgaria have the Flu