German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
A liver from a Bulgarian donor has been transported to Germany as part of the cooperation with the organization for organ exchange Eurotransplant.
The organ was transported to Germany due to the lack of appropriate recipients on Bulgaria's national transplant waiting list, according to the press office of the Health Ministry.
Meanwhile, three organ transplant operations were carried out at the St. Ekaterina University Hospital and the Lozenets University Hospital.
Two kidney transplant operations were carried out at the Lozenets University Hospital and a heart transplant procedure was completed at the St. Ekaterina University Hospital, according to reports of the Health Ministry.
The patients are in good condition after the surgery.
The organs for all of the transplant operations were donated by the relatives of a 44-year-old man who was declared brain dead at the Sveta Marina hospital in Varna on July 24.
- » Bulgarian City Clinic to Invest BGN 200 M in Construction of Three Hospitals
- » Less than Half of Bulgarians Have Access to Emergency Medical Services within 30 Minutes
- » Scottish Nurse Becomes First Person Diagnosed with Ebola in UK
- » Bulgarian Doctors to Appeal Health Fund's Rejection of Framework Contracts
- » NZOK Refuses to Sign Framework Contract, Doctors Demand Resignation
- » Stem Cell Transplantation Centre Opens in Varna