Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
Greek civil servants will go on strike in the capital city of Athens from 11 am until the end of the workday, Monday.
They will gather in front of the Court of Appeal, which is to rule on a previous judgement today, having declared strikes in the public sector unlawful, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
Government officials in Greece protest against a new system for the attestation of candidates for holding positions in the public administration.
The civil servants urge their colleagues to oppose the government attempts to criminalize employee and collective strikes.
- » Death Toll in Nepal Quake Nearing 4,000
- » EU Resists Kiev’s Calls to Send Military Mission to Eastern Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds to Help Quake-Hit Nepal People
- » South Korean PM Resigns over Bribery Accusations
- » Poland Denies Entry of Russian Night Wolves Bikers
- » Missing Bulgarian Student in Nepal Is Well, Contacts Parents