Who is Who: Mihail Mikov, New Chair of Bulgarian Socialist Party
Mihail Mikov, the newly elected Chair of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), was born on June 16, 1960 in the northwestern town of Kula.
He holds an MA in Law from the Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski.”
Mikov obtained specializations in human rights, tax law, and anti-corruption practices from universities in France, US and Italy.
He is senior teaching assistant in Criminal Law at the Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski.”
Mikov was appointed Parliament Chair of the 42nd National Assembly on May 21, 2013 and still occupies this post.
He was MP in the 38th, 39th, 40th and 41st National Assembly nominated by the northwestern district of Vidin.
In the period April 24, 2008 – July 27, 2009, he was Interior Minister in the government headed by Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev.
Mikov was Deputy Chair of BSP in charge of its parliamentary activity and judicial affairs by June 2012.
He has been head of a delegation at the Inter-Parliamentary Union as of August 1, 2013.
He has been a member of the Friendship group Bulgaria – Serbia since November 27, 2013.
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » IntMin: Bulgaria Is Not Directly Threatened by Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 24 Illegal Migrants Near Pazardzhik
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss 2016 Draft Budget