Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
Israel has put an end to a ceasefire and resumed military operations in Gaza.
The military said in a statement Sunday morning that it was suspending the temporary truce, which had been planned to last through midnight, and resuming its aerial, naval and ground raids in the Gaza Strip “following Hamas’s incessant rocket fire throughout the humanitarian window,” according to reports of the BBC News.
Israel had decided to extend the humanitarian truce by 24 hours until the end of Sunday.
However, Hamas militants rejected the 24-hour extension of a humanitarian cease-fire, saying that any ceasefire that did not include the withdrawal of Israeli forces from the Gaza Strip and allow residents to return to their homes and evacuate casualties was unacceptable.
Palestinian death toll from Israeli Gaza offensive has exceeded 1,000, most of them civilians.
The total of Israeli soldiers killed since the beginning of the campaign on July 8 stands at 43.
- » EU Says Wants Clear Brexit Commitments From Britain
- » Catalonia Аhead of Мore Planned Protests by Referendum Supporters
- » Muslims in the EU: High Levels of Trust Despite Pervasive Discrimination
- » Merkel's Party Dips in Poll but Still Way Ahead Before Sunday Vote
- » Saudi Arabia Lifts the Ban on Video and Voice Calls
- » EU Report: Muslim Migrants Believe in Europe and Consider it their Home