Tourists at Sunny Beach Complain of Tow Truck Blackmail
Tourists at Bulgaria's coast resort Sunny Beach complain of municipal tow truck blackmail, reports the bTV national channel.
According to tourists, the truck tows their cars from spaces where parking is not forbidden and later offers them paid parking for the entire duration of their stay.
Tsvetomira Bidar and her father told the TV channel that within hours after they arrived, their car was towed and they had to pay BGN 54 penalty fee. When they tried to complain, the police referred them to the municipality, which had outsourced the towing to a private company.
“Look, there are cars parked on the sidewalk, but no-one touches them,” the father said. “They only tow the cars of those who arrived recently. The municipality blackmails the tourists.”
Vasil Kirov, an official at the Nesebar municipality admitted that the space from which the car was towed, was not marked as forbidden for parking. According to him, the sign was missing.
Hotel owners, however, also complained from the overzealous tow trucks. Veselin Rusinov showed the parking spaces set aside for his guests, from which the truck regularly tows cars away.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria