Firefighters Protest in Varna
Firefighters, police officers and rescue workers protested in Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna on Saturday against the new rules regulating their work, reports Dnes.bg.
The protest was sparked by a new draft regulation slimming down a firefighter team down to two people.
According to the protestors this would slow down their work and would jeopardise the lives of the rescuers and those being rescued.
Krasimir Kostov of the trade union of the employees of the Interior Ministry insist on teams of four, or at least three people.
The controversial draft regulation has been taken off the Interior Ministry website, but protestors promise that the protests will spread throughout the entire country.
- » Woman Finds Live Worms in Cookie Package
- » Bulgaria Ready to Support International Criminal Court – Chief Prosecutor
- » BAS To Investigate UFO Claims
- » Sixth Edition Of 'Northern Lights' Festival For Nordic Cinema
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Sofia Literary Festival Focuses On Nordic Literature