Firefighters Protest in Varna
Firefighters, police officers and rescue workers protested in Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna on Saturday against the new rules regulating their work, reports Dnes.bg.
The protest was sparked by a new draft regulation slimming down a firefighter team down to two people.
According to the protestors this would slow down their work and would jeopardise the lives of the rescuers and those being rescued.
Krasimir Kostov of the trade union of the employees of the Interior Ministry insist on teams of four, or at least three people.
The controversial draft regulation has been taken off the Interior Ministry website, but protestors promise that the protests will spread throughout the entire country.
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'