Firefighters Protest in Varna
Firefighters, police officers and rescue workers protested in Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna on Saturday against the new rules regulating their work, reports Dnes.bg.
The protest was sparked by a new draft regulation slimming down a firefighter team down to two people.
According to the protestors this would slow down their work and would jeopardise the lives of the rescuers and those being rescued.
Krasimir Kostov of the trade union of the employees of the Interior Ministry insist on teams of four, or at least three people.
The controversial draft regulation has been taken off the Interior Ministry website, but protestors promise that the protests will spread throughout the entire country.
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016