Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
Sofia regional prosecution investigates the mysterious disappearance of BGN 177 000 from the vault of a Piraeus bank branch in Sofia, reports Sega daily, quoting the prosecution.
Investigators said the sums disappeared from three strongboxes. Their absence was established between June 30 and July 3 , but it is not clear when the boxes were actually robbed.
According to the owners, around 300-400 grams of golden jewelry also went missing from the strongboxes.
Investigators are trying to establish how the money was taken out and by whom, but refuses to divulge any details.
According to the Nova TV national channel, the strongboxes were opened with forged keys and bank representatives asked all their customers who rent boxes to check if something's missing.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent