Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
Sofia regional prosecution investigates the mysterious disappearance of BGN 177 000 from the vault of a Piraeus bank branch in Sofia, reports Sega daily, quoting the prosecution.
Investigators said the sums disappeared from three strongboxes. Their absence was established between June 30 and July 3 , but it is not clear when the boxes were actually robbed.
According to the owners, around 300-400 grams of golden jewelry also went missing from the strongboxes.
Investigators are trying to establish how the money was taken out and by whom, but refuses to divulge any details.
According to the Nova TV national channel, the strongboxes were opened with forged keys and bank representatives asked all their customers who rent boxes to check if something's missing.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna