Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
Sofia regional prosecution investigates the mysterious disappearance of BGN 177 000 from the vault of a Piraeus bank branch in Sofia, reports Sega daily, quoting the prosecution.
Investigators said the sums disappeared from three strongboxes. Their absence was established between June 30 and July 3 , but it is not clear when the boxes were actually robbed.
According to the owners, around 300-400 grams of golden jewelry also went missing from the strongboxes.
Investigators are trying to establish how the money was taken out and by whom, but refuses to divulge any details.
According to the Nova TV national channel, the strongboxes were opened with forged keys and bank representatives asked all their customers who rent boxes to check if something's missing.
- » Russian Hacker Arrested in Spain
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody