Morocco Seeks Options for Charter Flights to Bulgaria
Representatives of the Tourist Board of Morocco and of Bulgarian touroperators are discussing the setting up of regular charter flights between Sofia and Rabat, reports Dnevnik.bg.
The main goal is to ease the travel between the two countries, according to Khalid Mimi, head of the organisation for Eastern Europe.
He said the tourist authorities in Morocco were discussing the matter with the national flag carrier, but they do not expect it to be solved soon.
“When there are no direct flights, people get the impression that the country is very far away and this is not the case,” Mimi said.
He added that Southeastern Europe becomes an important market for Morocco tourism. According to him recently the board opened an office in Warsaw because of the increasing number of Polish, Czech and Hungarian tourists.
Mimi said it was possible for such an office to open in Bulgaria too.
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
- » Sofia Ranks as Cheapest European Destination
- » Bulgaria's National Statistics Clash with Ex-Govt Figures on Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists