Morocco Seeks Options for Charter Flights to Bulgaria
Representatives of the Tourist Board of Morocco and of Bulgarian touroperators are discussing the setting up of regular charter flights between Sofia and Rabat, reports Dnevnik.bg.
The main goal is to ease the travel between the two countries, according to Khalid Mimi, head of the organisation for Eastern Europe.
He said the tourist authorities in Morocco were discussing the matter with the national flag carrier, but they do not expect it to be solved soon.
“When there are no direct flights, people get the impression that the country is very far away and this is not the case,” Mimi said.
He added that Southeastern Europe becomes an important market for Morocco tourism. According to him recently the board opened an office in Warsaw because of the increasing number of Polish, Czech and Hungarian tourists.
Mimi said it was possible for such an office to open in Bulgaria too.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 16.8 % Y/Y in May
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister Expects 10 % Increase in Tourist Numbers This Summer
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast Expects 5-7 % Rise in Tourist Numbers
- » 500 Officials to Conduct Inspections Along Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast
- » Coordination Centre to Ensure Safety of Tourists at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast